Saturday, February 9, 2008

Rebecca's and Clint's Engagement Story




My fiancé is very romantic, so I knew our engagement would be romantic, too! Unfortunately, we live in different states right now (I live in Indiana he lives in Ohio), so we only get to see each other on the weekends. The night of our engagement, I was supposed to drive with his sister out to a Christmas party in Ohio, and we were going to meet at the party. I wanted to surprise him, so I told him I had too much to do and did not think I would be able to make it, although I was still planning on going to the party. Little did I know, I was the one who would actually receive the surprise of my life that day! I had spoken to Clint (my fiancé) the morning of December 22 (our special day) to tell him I would not be able to make it to the party. He seemed a little upset, but we knew we would see each other the next day (at another family party), so he just chatted like normal with me. He told me he was still in Columbus, Ohio finishing up his Christmas shopping. I believed him, because he kept going on and on about how he could not find a store he was looking for. Little did I know, he had come back to Indiana the previous night to pick up my ring and to stay at his parents house until the next day. That afternoon, my mom's best friend called and asked if I could help her with a Christmas present that she said was very heavy. She has been battling cancer for about a year now and gets very weak with chemo treatments. Her husband was at work, so I happily obliged. While I sat and talked to her for awhile, Clint drove to my house to spread dozens of roses and rose petals all over the entrance of my house. Ironically, I gushed for most of the time about how happy I am with Clint! As I left, my mom's friend had me take the heavy present for my parents, it was actually a case of champagne my dad had wrapped and brought to her house the previous day for after the engagement! When I returned home from what I thought was an ordinary trip, I was greeted by dozens of red roses and Clint standing under the mistletoe! I was so shocked by why he was standing there, I couldn't move! As he walked towards me and professed his love for me, my mom and dad were there, taking pictures of the entire engagement! I had told him that I wanted my parents to be included. Everything was perfect! He had asked my dad, my mom, and even my brother for permission to marry me the week before and picked out the most gorgeous engagement ring I've ever seen! He even got down on one knee! I love him more than anything, and I'm so happy to be spending the rest of my life with him!

No comments: