Friday, January 11, 2008

Kathleen and Gary's Engagement Story







Below is Kathleen and Gary's Engagement Story. Very sneaky Gary with the dessert menu and Kathleen thought it was never going to happen!



Enjoy everyone!



Please remember if you would like to be considered for the contest submit stories to tonya@circlecityplanners.com by January 31st. The winner will be announced on Valentine's Day.



Gary and I had been dating for almost 4 years. Gary graduated from college in May, and I would graduate in December. We had discussed engagement several times, but it didn't seem as though he was very motivated to propose any time soon. I am very much of a planner, so I wanted to know if I should expect it within 6 months, a year, never?? Just so I could either tell myself to let it go because it wouldn't be for a while and to look to live on my own for a while, or to be thinking about our future. He would get so frustrated when I would bring it up. Our last discussion a week before he proposed he was laughing when I was asking him serious questions about engagement/marriage -- and man was I pissed! I said, "You're laughing? What is wrong with you? This is serious, Gary. Just forget it."Well, to celebrate our 4 year anniversary, he took me out to dinner. We had been to the Eagle's Nest for our 3 year anniversary and loved it, so we decided to go back for our 4 year anniversary. Before dinner I said, "So are we going to get dessert?" Gary responded, "Yea we have to celebrate." Well we got halfway through our dinner and I said, "No dessert for me I am already stuffed." Gary said, "Oh come on, we have to have a dessert on our anniversary." So I said ok and asked for a to-go box for the rest of my steak. The waitress asked if she could bring us any coffee, and I said, "No thank you, but could you bring us a dessert menu please?" SO she did, and I looked toward the bottom of the menu first. I saw Carrot Cake then Honeymoon Delight. I thought, "Honeymoon Delight that doesn't sound like a dessert"- below it said "Spending the rest of my life with you... Kathleen, will you marry me?"Gary took out the ring, got down on his knee and proposed. I was absolutely shocked, and I was shaking. I said yes and we're getting married October 25th. I then realized why he was laughing a week earlier. He had already purchased the ring and he didn't know how to respond to my questions without giving it away.

No comments: