Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Jacqueline and Dave's Engagement Story























Jacquline and Dave will be married on March 28,2008 at the Omni Severin Hotel in downtown Indianapolis. This is a great story I'm sure you will love reading.


In Jacqueline's words:

I had been hinting throughout our relationship that I wanted to go to the symphony. I didn't think we were ever going to go until 6 years later Dave tells me that his best friends parents season tickets are available and I was so excited.. We sat in the season tickets seats which ended up being the 4th row from the front. It was the Valentines day show, they played all love songs that night. Halfway through the show, the conductor stops and asks the crowd who had been married the longest-there was a couple there married over 50 years and he sent them a bottle of champagne, then he asked who had been married the shortest and sent them a bottle of champagne. The he looked into the crowd and said, "I think Dave has a ? for Jacqueline" My face went blank and I saw out of the corner of my eye Dave got down on one knee in the aisle. I heard the whole crowd gasp.He told me how much i meant to him and he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me, I said yes of course and got up and hugged him.....the crowd clapped and cheered. There were about 2000 people there that night. I started crying and I was so happy because it was so unexpected and in a place I have been trying to persuade Dave to go to. At intermission I had one more surprise..I walked out into the hallway and there stood my best friend Ashley who came down from Purdue. I immediately started to cry again! After the show, the symphony had threw us a engagement party where they opened up the bar and had a cocktail singer come out. We were congratulated by the whole crowd and even the conductor Jack Everly came out to say congratulations. The public relations lady at the symphony came over and told us that we were the first couple in history at the symphony to be let to STOP THE SHOW and have a proposal. I still don't know how Dave pulled that off. The symphony was so kind and went above and beyond that night. So we will go down in history as the first and only couple to be engaged during a symphony in Indianapolis.

No comments: