Friday, July 30, 2010

Simple Elegance

Sarah & Tyler- July 24, 2010

St. Christopher’s Church- Bridgewater Club


I started working with the Pallone Family about 2 months ago on bringing all the final details together for Sarah & Tyler’s big day. I worked very closely with Sarah’s mom, Teresa, since Sarah & Tyler live in Chicago. Let me just say her mom had the cutest planning binder with everything marked and tabbed specifically for each part of the wedding. I just loved her lists she would bring to the meetings! I always knew this wedding was going to have just the simplest touches to make it so elegant and everything Sarah wanted in her wedding day!

The Tuesday before the wedding, I had asked Sarah if she would be in town so that I would be able to meet her before the wedding. All of our communication leading up to the wedding was done through phone calls and emails. Sarah, her sister Katie, her mom Teresa and I decided to meet at Starbucks and enjoy a coffee while talking about the wedding. I really enjoy getting to know my brides in the time I work with them and Sarah was no different. At our meeting, I just couldn’t help but notice how alike Teresa, Katie, and Sarah were. You just couldn’t miss that they were related! After our meeting, I felt so good about the upcoming day!


The big day was here and I met Sarah and her bridesmaids as they got beautified at the Renaissance. We headed over to St. Christopher’s Church around 2 o’clock for Sarah to get dressed and take some individual pictures with Andrew Scalini. Let me just say this church was so sleek and had these gorgeous red doors as you walked in the narthex, but Sarah putting on her beautiful dress outdid anything that day. She looked simply amazing! Tyler and the groomsmen arrived a little later for some of their individual shots and then it was time to get married. Around 5 o’clock it was official Sarah & Tyler became Mr. & Mrs. Crookston!!!

The guests headed over to the Bridgewater Club for cocktail hour and to enjoy some time out of the blazing heat. My assistant Kelly had the room set and looking beautiful with the tables draped in ivory somerset linens, gold chargers, and gold chivari chairs around each table setting. The floral arrangements from Alan at McNamara had the most luscious calla lilies. Classic Cakes had the ivory cake with simple touches of black on a black somerset linen on the middle of the dance floor. I was able to show the mother of the bride Teresa the room and she loved what had come together. Once the bridal party had arrived at the Bridgewater from some outside shots I was also able to show Sarah & Tyler the room and Sarah had tears in her eyes. It was such a great moment!



The evening was well on it’s way with a special entrance by the bridal party, cake cutting, a heart felt welcome by Sarah’s dad Bill, dinner, great speeches by both Katie & Ben, and dances. I can’t forget to mention the surprise Sarah gave Tyler since he does not like cake. It was a grill with two streaks on top and flames all made out of ice cream!!! How great!!! The evening was kept alive on the dance floor by Jeremy of DJ’s Direct and Mary Howald of Sorella Filmworks captured the entire day even up to the sparkler send off!! Congrats Sarah & Tyler!!! Enjoy paradise in Puerto Vallarta!


Randi

No comments: