Monday, August 3, 2009

Stephanie and Chad





























Stephanie and Chad
August 1, 2009

So headed to Virginia last Wednesday for a wedding thanks to a great couple and an unusual circumstance! Stephanie and Chad hired me over the last couple of months, but our relationship started almost a year ago. Steph and Chad came into my office and wanted to get married in Indianapolis. They loved outdoors and loved the zoo however, there was something missing. As we were talking I found out they both went to veterinarian school in St. Kitts. Most of you know that St. Kitts is where our beautiful couple Jill and Kevin were married several years ago. With being such a small island, we had many exciting things to share with one another!
As time passed, they realized that Indianapolis didn't feel quite right. They postponed the wedding and didn't know exactly what they wanted but they knew it wasn't Indy. Time came and went and didn't hear a word from this cute couple. The most ironic thing happened when I sent her an email to check in with her, she told me they were going to get married on their horse farm in VA. I was so excited for them, considering they are both horse veterinarians. I told her I would love to come to the wedding to help her, and BOOM I was hired.
Flying into Dullas airport I had no idea was ahead of me. When you arrive in a strange city the first thing you want to do is find out where everything is located. In Upperville, a town of 600, anything you might need is only "20 minutes". For me that meant 50 because I didn't know where I was going. By day 2 of running errands, I was able to navigate my way around pretty quickly. Needless to say, it was so quaint and gorgeous. The rolling hills and the farms took my breath away.
Come wedding day, it was perfect weather (for all my outdoor brides out there). The farm was set up and ready to go. All 120 guests made their way to the ceremony performed at the top of the hill in the round. The horse and carriage picked up the bridal party and bride for this dramatic entrance. Afterwards the guests gathered under the tent for food stations and pink signature drinks out of mason jars. It was so cute. The rain came in around 11 as the last guest made their way to the house.
The next morning (after losing my phone) I went back to clean up the mess and reflected on the week. I know I say this every week, but I love my job. What a fun group of people, so laid back go with the flow kind of people. VA was good to me! Can't wait for my next out of state wedding. I promise pictures to come, Marco from NY will be sending those to me. I can't wait to share them with you. Since the phone disappeared so did my pictures.
Wedding Love and Hugs,
T

No comments: