Monday, May 25, 2009

The Windy City


The Windy City



Ever since our fabulous Conrad show back in February, I knew I had to make a personal trip to Chicago to see the VERA WANG Store. Amanda, the owner, is so sweet with great style I wanted to see with my own eyes these beauties. It was LOVE at first site! Now Darcie is the dress girl in the company, but now she has a run for her money. I’ve always had expensive taste, but now I have REALLY expensive taste and love EXPENSIVE dresses. I was blown away not only by the atmosphere, but by the shape and feel of all the gowns. It was like nothing I had ever seen. Every turn, every rack I picked out a new gown I loved. I couldn’t decide, which one would I chose? The more racks, the more expensive the dress. I touched gowns from $2800 to $20,000. As I waited for my lunch date, I observed a bride and her mother. With her personal stylist on hand at all times, I watched her sway in and out of the spacious dressing room. To ensure great customer service and personalized attention, this bride had a two hour window (normal for Amanda’s customers). There was no rushing, it wasn’t crowded, it was very calm and relaxed. As the scones and hot tea were offered, a purchase was made!



Amanda has two stores (WOW, can you believe that?) Belle Vie on the 2nd floor off of Oak Street and then the Vera Wang store on the 4th. If you’ve ever been to Chicago, you know Oak Street is the place to be. I shopped my way past Jimmy Choo, Channel, Prada, and Juicy before I came to Amanda’s store. It was hard to walk away from that purse (no, I still didn’t get it), but I had to make my lunch date. We ate a leisurely lunch at Fred’s, top floor of Barney’s. After listening to Amanda’s story of Paris and fashion, I was asked to come back to the store. Kate, her assistant, started gathering Vera’s newest perfume LOOK, Vera Wang’s wedding coffee table book, and other goodies. Amanda asked me to go back to the bridesmaids area, I followed. She looked at me and said, “Which one do you like? Pick one out?” “WHAT?!” Yes, she told me to pick out a dress and had me fitted in less than 2 minutes. WOW, I was shocked. Back onto Oak Street, getting my car out of valet, I looked back at the designer street with the biggest smile on my face. It was worth the trip, a new dress and a new friend.



Wedding Love and Hugs,

T

No comments: