Wednesday, May 27, 2009

CCP & BBJ Linens




So since I was going to Chicago, I thought it would be a great idea to stop off at one of my favorite places BBJ Linens. They are one of the largest linen companies in the nation. Since the FED EX (now UPS) man is at my door every other day delivering great linens, I thought I would see how this operation really works from the inside out. Thank goodness for my navigation on my phone, otherwise it would have been impossible to find the warehouse. Connie was there to greet me and show me the showroom. To my surprise, she showed me a few private specialities that would be perfect for a WOW table. I fell in love. Linens are my speciality. I love color. Ever since I was a little girl, I would memorize color in my mind and could match things up perfectly from my memory. I could even tell you if the color was a shade or two off. So needless to say, I spent a good amount of time in the showroom picking up and just “touching” the linens. “Boy it would sure be nice to bring my clients in here to show them all these beautiful things,” I casually mentioned to my new friend Connie. We are still working on that, right Jesse!

Our next stop was the pressing room, where all of their linens are put through a machine by hand. Every linen is checked for spots, rips, and tears. The next room was the inventory room (see picture), oh my goodness you have never seen so many linens stacked to the ceiling. The tour continued as the sweat started to form on my forehead. I can’t imagine working in that heat all day long. Each person was a busy little bee sorting, folding, counting, creating. The spools of thread on the wall amazed me as I watched these workers create new product. To think that linen could be at my next event was a pretty neat feeling.

The tour ended as I able to connect with the owner of the company, Bill. He was headed out to town to buy speciality fabric for the latest and greatest. Once again I encouraged him to open a showroom here in Indy, so we can WOW you when you come into our office.

Now when the UPS man comes to my door, I can picture the process that all those linens go through just to BEDAZZLE my next event.


Just another day on the job!

In the picture you will see our event pictured. It’s the black and white damask napkin. Kristen and Ryan will be featured on the KNOT coming up soon. Check back soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello
http://psbtrainer.com/ - diazepam 5mg
The following may also occur: ataxia, confusion, constipation, depression, diplopia, dysarthria, gastrointestinal disturbances, headache, hypotension, incontinence, increase or decrease in libido, nausea, dry mouth or hypersalivation, skin reactions, slurred speech, tremor, urinary retention, dizziness and blurred vision.
[url=http://psbtrainer.com/]generic valium[/url]

Chronic use (even at therapeutic doses) may lead to the development of physical dependence; discontinuation of the therapy may result in withdrawal or rebound phenomena.
valium 10 mg
These phenomena occur predominantly at the start of therapy and usually disappear with prolonged administration.

Anonymous said...

Greetings Everybody, I'm not brand new on the site but I suspected at present was as great as time as any to say whats up, so.. well hello there :)
Here is [url=http://provenpenisenlargement.blogspot.com/2010/06/proven-penis-enlargement-look-at-proven.html]my weblog