Thursday, October 22, 2009

Starry Night, Jen's Big Wedding!





































Jennifer and Brandon
October 10, 2009
The Canal Walk Vermont Street Plaza
This was a special wedding for Tonya and I. Jen has worked with for Circle City Planners for the past 2 years. She was first working closely with Tonya in the office, but lately has been helping me on the weekends with my weddings. So Tonya and I teamed up to help Jen plan her BIG night. Tonya took on the initial stages of planning, and I came in at the end of things to finalize the details. This was also special for me because Jen and Brandon said their vows in the exact same spot that my husband and I did five years earlier. CCP has done several weddings on the canal and it can not be said enough, the site is beautiful but its a BEAST! Everything has to unloaded and taken down 3 flights of stairs to the canal level, but in the end its all worth it! Jen planned a 7:30 evening candlelight ceremony. Although it was chilly this was the first outdoor wedding that I didn't have to worry about rain. The setting was magical and so romantic. I didn't keep an exact count but I think there was over 200 candles burning. The minister did have a hard time reading ceremony script so next time I must remember to bring a book light! After Jen and Brandon said their "I Do's" everyone walk acrossed the bridge to the reception tent. My team and I had it decked out in burgundy, eggplant, platinum and beautiful floral prints. There were, of course, tons of more candles. The main focal point was the bar. It was elevated and with black bar stools around it. The band was great. The hors'douvres were wonderful. The party was a complete success! I'm so happy for Jen and Brandon and it was a delight that I could help them.
~Darcie

1 comment:

Four Leaf Events said...

Yay!!! Darcie, you're the bestest! Everyone LOVED you and thought you were fabulous! *muah! And, Tonya, I'm so glad I stuck with the bar idea... you're so creative! It turned out awesome! Love CCP!!.... but I guess I'm a bit bias =)