Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Kelly and Brian's Engagement Story



I absolutely love my engagement story and am so happy to be able to tell you about it!


I am from New Jersey and have been living here in Indy with my now-fiancé for two years. A little over a year ago, my 4-year old pug died of liver failure. It was devastating because my dad died a few years before, and had bought the pug for us right before we lost him. I love pugs, and I loved my dad, so it felt like losing him all over. A few months later, when we moved into our house, Brian and I adopted two pugs, Sophie and Dixie, from Kentuckiana Pug Rescue. He fully embraced my love of pugs and grew to love them so much that he begged me to adopt Harley, our third pug. I really feel like we have a little family!


Now, I am a very hard girl to surprise, and knew that Brian was thinking of proposing. During the horrible ice storm before Christmas, he managed to pick up the ring without my knowing. On Christmas eve morning, we spent the time lounging and watching TV. He went to the kitchen to give the pugs a treat, and took some pictures. When he came back in the room, he showed me the camera and said, "check out this cute picture I took of the pugs!" I turned on the camera and saw a picture of Dixie with a ring box in front of her. I couldn't believe it, and turned to Brian, only to see him down on his knee, holding out a ring and asking me to marry him. Of course I said yes! Now I am working on finding a location that will allow our three pugs to be in the wedding! We also plan to make a donation in our guests' names to Kentuckiana Pug Rescue.


Above is the picture Brian used to propose, as well as our Christmas picture from this year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelly!

That's a great story! Thanks for sharing it. Best of luck to you & brian!