Monday, August 18, 2008

Frank and Darby
























































Frank & Darby
August 16,2008
Indiana State House and Skyline Club

Frank and Darby are wonderful!!! I had such a great time helping them plan their wedding. When Darby told me that her reception was going to be at the Skyline Club, I was so excited. The Skyline Club is very special to me because that's where my husband and I had our reception almost 4 years ago (August 28th).
Darby's wedding day was so relaxed and smooth. We started of course with hair and makeup in the morning. Then headed over to the Indiana State House for Darby and Frank to see each other for the first time. I love when couples see each other before the wedding. It seems like all the nervous butterflies leave, you have plenty of time for pictures and it gives the couple time to actually talk and see each other before the I dos.
The State House is gorgeous by itself so our decor plan was very minimal. We placed two pedestals with ferns at the beginning of the aisle and another two on both sides of the alter. Behind the alter was a large floral design of pinks and greens,their wedding colors.
The ceremony went off without a hitch the only problem was that one of the flowers girls had blisters on her foot so she walked down the aisle barefoot. HOW CUTE!
Darby was beautiful, she wore simple ivory/white gown and adorned with a amethyst broach from her grandmother. She also wore the family veil. It has been a tradition in her family since 1819. Darby also told me about another tradition in her family "the bell". At her parents house the children always would ring a huge dinner bell. I guess that her parents got tired of it being rung all the time so they made a rule that you could only ring the bell if you were pregnant or if you were getting married. So once they were pronounced man and wife, Darby and Frank walked down the aisle and I was there with a bell for them to ring!
When Darby and I talked about the reception decor she told me that she wanted it to be cool and refreshing. So we came up with a plan to use lemons, limes, and a bright pink. The place card table was very cool. We used wheat grass on the table then placed the place cards in the grass. The table was also accented with little limes and callalilly heads. At the bar, there were huge jars filled with fresh strawberries, limes, water and ice. The centerpieces on the tables were so fun. We did two different designs, 1 with cylinders jars filled with limes and on the top of the jars were orbs of green button mums and pink carnations on the others tables we did a square vase with huge hydrangeas. Before the first dance, Frank serenaded Darby with a song. I loved it. The evening was magical. Darby kept telling me "Everything is perfect." And that's why I love what I do. Its so rewarding to me to see everything come together and help be a part of the wedding day. A big thanks to everyone involved, Lauren and Rob with Openfield Photography( I can't wait to see the professional pictures), Traci and her staff at the Skyline Club, Tracy Jones at the State House and Julie, the flowers were amazing as always. I couldn't of pulled it off with their help. Darby and Frank are off to Jamaica!

2 comments:

Shana said...

Love the lemon and lime centerpiece with the 'balls' of flowers a top the cylinder vases - way, way cute!

Anonymous said...

Darcy was a great asset to the day! Darby was very calm and worry free- growing up with her as my older sister, I know this is not always the case. Tee Hee! The blog is correct, both the State House and Skyline Club were fabulous. (Some of the wedding party was even able to shake hands with the Governor as he left work Friday evening before rehersal.) Thank you for all you did, Darcy!
Darby's Favorite Sister